Dancing began at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. depending on whether there was a late excursion train to allow the dancers to spend the evening. The Pavilion always closed at 11:00 p.m..
The orchestra started out with eight employed on a season contract. This orchestra doubled so as to play as a brass band part of the time. When there was no demand for dancing, were placed on the old steamboat the "Will Dailey" and they encircled the lake with many an excursion parties.
They played every evening except Sunday as the Park was closed on Sunday. In 1895 the orchestra was increased to ten pieces. Members of the band had slight personnel changes due to various reason. They came from Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Kent, and Cleveland.
The orchestra had a dormitory building with airy sleeping rooms. They had ample time for fishing and swimming as their front porch was located on the lake side.
The pavilion inside of 5 years outgrew itself and in 1903 and had to be doubled in size. Opening night, Decoration Day, 1903, saw a crowd attend as if it were in a circus tent.
Over 400 Oak Trees were used for piling. It had a 15,000 sq. ft. hard maple wood floor. A million shingles were required for this building , many being used on the sides protecting the balconies and all over the tower as well as for the roof,
which had eleven dormers and six cupolas. Nearly 16 car loads of timbers, lumber, etc., came from Falls Lumber Co. in Cuyahoga Falls. The Pavilion cost about $50,000.
Information obtained from the manuscript entitled "An Historical Anthology of Silver Lake" by
William R. Lodge February, 1947.